Sunday, September 25, 2011

What Is Second To Die Insurance

Second to die insurance is a phrase heard often when estate planning involves a married couple. Second to die is a form of insurance that pays a death benefit only upon the death of the last surviving injured person. Nothing is paid until both the insured, usually a married couple, die.

When one in the married couple dies, the assets that make up the estate pass to the surviving spouse. The transfer of assets to the surviving spouse occurs without any estate tax needing to be paid.

Historically second to die insurance was marketed to families with a business and real estate to help provide some cash assets when both spouses die and the estate tax becomes due. This facilitates the transfer of a family business from one generation to the next.

As the monetary exemption on estate taxes has risen in the past few years, second to die policies have been written less often. Home Care Path www.homecarepath.com encourages seniors to consult with a financial planner prior to purchasing an insurance product.

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank Mr Lorenzo Diego loan firm for giving me a loan of $350,000.00.if you need a quick loan avoid being scammed by fake lenders and apply from a genuine loan company I told myself that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family after being scammed severally by these online loan lenders, I will refer the person to Mr Lorenzo Diego loan firm who gave me and my family happiness, although at first I found it hard to trust him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I was in need of a loan of $350,000.00 to start my life all over as a single parent with 2 kids he is indeed a GOD fearing man, working with a reputable loan company. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact him 
    E-mail mrlorenzodiegoloanfirm@outlook.com
    Whatsapp: +1(346) 226-2778

    ReplyDelete